Thursday, April 4, 2013

Minutia






Hey Amanda and the world,

Here's my first definition.

minutia: n. Amanda's word for all of those small but wonderful Julie Andrews, bright-copper-kettles, brown-paper-packages moments.
I'm Amanda’s little sister. She was kind of the dynamo of my childhood. She instigated and directed our two-person theater productions, and she even let me play the princess most of the time. The vast majority of the people I played with were actually her friends that tolerated my tagging along. And as I grew older I essentially made all of the same choices that she did- same electives, same AP classes, and eventually same university. The first day of many of my classes started with reaffirming to the teacher that I was in fact, Amanda's sister.


Amanda, you're definitely getting into heaven.
 I'm Maid Marian. She's Friar Tuck. 

We’re both string players. We both suffered through choir (Not because we didn’t like singing. Choir is sometimes awesome. It is also sometimes like a slightly less dysfunctional Real Housewives episode.) Not that it matters in adulthood, but we both seriously rocked at timed writing, and got a little too artsy in the essays we wrote in high school.

Amanda's award-winning cactus and my jealous face

We're a little obsessive. Like we both know who exactly is the son of Gloin, the last man of Gallifrey, and who uses the phrase "bring flavor to the party." We love smart-funny people, movies, and books (and the Oxford comma). And as you probably guessed, we both love words.

We decided we would write on whatever felt important or fascinating to us. But from Amanda you can probably look forward to posts about fierce women in history, writing awesome guitar licks, eating "unprocessed", being attracted to hipsters, and of course, minutia.

Ciao babe,
Steph

Before the Christmas Spectacular.
I'm not sure what we were going for here. 


What are some of the things y’all get all dorky over? Buying a bag of Starburts with an inordinate amount of reds? Birds getting all happy and chatty when it’s drizzling? Double rainbows? 

5 comments:

  1. I love that this blog is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I have the best 2 daughters or what? Your words are great Steph. Love you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, you look like an older, more girly version of Leo in that first pic. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like smart-funny people too, which means this is a blog I'll definitely be coming back to. I miss you, Amanda! And Steph, no, you shouldn't remember who I am because we've never met. :)

    ReplyDelete