Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sunshine



Hey Steph!

With your lovely introduction to our blog and to me, I felt it only fair to introduce you. So, for my first definition:

Sunshine: the rays of the sun; not just a source of light, but of warmth and the lifting of one’s spirits

Growing up, Mom would always call Stephanie her Sunshine Girl. The name really fits. For those of you fortunate to know Steph, you have probably received one of her hugs. Stephanie was and is fearless in sharing her warmth with others. At age four or five, she would hug women and give them a sincere compliment about their smile or their blouse. She was never afraid to meet new people. This is a quality that I’m still working to catch up with her on, but I’m grateful I have such an amazing example to follow.

Steph, also has the clarity of sunshine. She is my go to person whenever I am feeling upset about some topic currently making its rounds on Facebook or through my head. Steph has that great balance of a listening ear and rational thought. It takes a lot to get her emotionally fired up (that’s not to say she isn’t passionate about a lot of things), so she won’t be offended when you might be a little too fired up about some idea, and she brings a tempering influence to the debate. She is able to consider both sides of a debate and bring an even-keeled thought to the table. Sounds like the best type of politician right? A good listener with vision and the ability to compromise!

Well, I don’t think Steph has aspirations for political life, but you can read her ideas right here on Sistionary—you’re so lucky! Like Steph said, we’re quite eclectic in the things were interested in and the things we write about, but in general you’ll find Stephanie discussing her research and experience as a new mother, backyard farming including the cutest goats you’ve ever seen, smart and quirky people like Brandon Sanderson and Neil DeGrasse Tyson, and breaking down gender stereotypes.

Cheers!

Amanda

Who is your go-to person for a listening ear? What warms you up like the sun?

Picture from Flickr user Mertcem. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mertcem/2761825433/sizes/l/

1 comment:

  1. I love both of your posts! What warms me up like the sun? This blog, its creators, and their writing! Other than that? Go figure, but its my own sisters and my madre. Looking forward to more of your guys' thoughts!

    ReplyDelete