Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Care and Keeping of Extroverts (A Poorly Drawn Comic)

Hey Amanda,

So I dunno about you, but my internet life has been filled with counterintuitive declarations of introverted pride. There was this fantastic TED Talk going around, and about three million personality tests. And I dunno. I was feeling like Extroversion was getting maligned and vastly misunderstood . Everyone needs some alone time to recharge. Everyone hurts when their needs aren't met. No one likes meaningless conversations about the weather. No one likes huge crowds of people they don't know.  So if that's your definition of extroverts, yeah, definitely, those people are overrated. But more than that, no one is an extrovert or an introvert 100% of the time.

So in response to this webcomic....I drew one of my own for extroverts. (I had a super difficult time getting the comic to both be legible and not be so mammoth-ly big that I I had to scroll right to left to read it...so here's my hack. Do it with me. Find the ALT button. Hold it down. Now find the + on your keyboard and press it a few times until you can read the text. YAY! You can let go of the ALT button now)





(To right your screen, hold down ALT and press the - key (that's the minus key) on your keyboard until it's normal)

Extroverted: adj.  doesn't mean annoying and bombastic. Doesn't even mean you value social interactions, because that's everyone. If you don't occasionally crave human interaction, you aren't called an introvert. You're called a sociopath. 
Extrovert,
Stephanie



1 comment:

  1. We recently had a book club meeting we talked about the book "Quiet" which is about introversion. I read the book and after discussing it, I'm not really sure what I am. I don't feel connected to either book. I just feel like I am me. I don't really need a label for how I behave socially, and I just try to treat people with love. :)

    ReplyDelete